CF1: round front turn signal (indicator) lamps below front bumper

Re: Cf1 250 Pioneer in line fuse size

Post by webby » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Ok thank you very much, I've had a good look there is a burnt looking fuse holder fourth from the top I think the large brown wire looks like it's got hot but i thought that the ignition still I may need to get a new fuse box by the looks of it as the plastic looks a bit melted and the spade terminal looks like it's got hot. Took the toggle switch out and it looked fine but I think I'll buy one any if it's ok then I have a spare. When I get the switch I'll let you know how I got on, only thing now is I may to to put a relay in to stop the switch cooking itself again or did they cure that problem with the Cf2 switch?
Many thanks for your time
Webby

Post by webby » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm
Just to let everyone know managed to sort the headlights and side lights out after thinking it was a corroded fuse box (didn't look to good), cleaned it up no good cleaned fuses and bulk head drivers side top left junction box still no good, tried a new rocker headlight switch still no joy removed heater ducting in the engine compartment (drivers side) and the washer bag, found the earth was rusty, cleaned up the body around the bolt fitted a new bolt it worked we now have main beam and side lights. Just in case anyone else has the same problem Many thanks Phil for the advice.
Regards
Happy again !! Webby

Post by webby » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Solved it was a bad earth drivers side under the hose for air into the cabin. Headlights working again.
Thanks for the advice
Webby

Return to “Switches, lighting and signal systems - early models”