New gearbox fitted today questions plz help

Post by Slimm991 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 pm
So I've recently fitted a standard 4 speed gearbox as my overdrive let go any way the van is a coach built Glendale 1985 2,3 slant 4 it appears more revving now on new box dose anybody have any tricks to help lower the rpm at 50mph once I get there in 4th it's making me we worried about t motor giving out which is also new as old engine died new engine and box have a genuine 41k on them top speed for a 4 speed box I need to know if the slant for engine likes to be rev

Re: New gearbox fitted today questions plz help

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:41 pm
Vauxhall OHC engine can be noisy at speed: the engine will pull all the way up to its maximum rpm then level out simply because it can't get enough air to go any faster!

There's not much can be done about the noise without overdrive, or overdrive 5th ZF, unless you want to get involved with swapping rear axle ratios. Or padding out all the cab with soundproofing mat...
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Re: New gearbox fitted today questions plz help

Post by Slimm991 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:59 am
Ok thanks Phil I'm just worried as don't want to lose another engine Josie in cab don't bothyme to much it's more about what speed it should do on the motor way with out dying would making my bk tyres bigger help with lowering motorway revs

Return to “Petrol”