Please need help with my cf transmission

Post by Slimm991 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:37 pm
hi i am in a pickly here i have the 2.3 slant 4 with a 4 speed gearbox and laycock overdrive i was on holiday and i selected low 4th on my over drive and lost all drive no 4th gear i have 1 2 3rd with overdrive just no 4th so i have a spare good box but it is without overdrive and i was wondering can i install my laycock ovedrive to my new gear box and i cant seem to get the overdrive off my box its all unbolted but wont come out comes so far and gets suck

Re: Please need help with my cf transmission

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 am
If prior to removal the overdrive was disengaged during acceleration then the splines in the planet carrier and in the uni-directional clutch may remain torsionally loaded on the transmission mainshaft.

This condition will prevent the overdrive from being withdrawn from the mainshaft.

It may be possible to release the overdrive by applying 300-350psi oil pressure to the hydraulic test port and then the switching solenoid on and off but I've never needed to try this.
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Return to “Manual transmission”