Where to find help when you want to change major units on your CF - engine, transmission, brakes etc. - or upgrade earlier models to later specifications.

Converting seats to swivel

Post by john316 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:45 pm
Hi, not sure if correct place to ask. We doing a major revamp on our CF280 motorhome inside and want to know if anybody change front seat to swivel. Any ideas would be welcome
Thanks
Johan

Re: Converting seats to swivel

Post by Robin from France » Subscribing Member » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:13 pm
Hi,

my CF230 Trailblazer (1978) is fitted with swivel seats at the moment - I've used seats out of a Peugeot 806 fitted to swivel plates on custom bases - but they are big seats and have to be carefully moved to swivel without hitting anything. I've got sports seats from a Peugeot 309 gti fitted to another model on Renault Espace swivel plates, and they turn more easily as they don't hit anything until the seat back gets close to the steering wheel.

Robin

Post by Jakenutftw » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 pm
I have just removed some swivel seats from my cf1 camper. I don’t need them anymore so I would sell them. They are not the prettiest seats though! I think the previous owner had to move the seat box over so that the seat wouldn’t hit the handbrake. They were bodged on to the seat bases with makeshift extensions as they didn’t quite line up.

Post by Lukefloorwalker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:23 am
Jakenutftw wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 pm
I have just removed some swivel seats from my cf1 camper. I don’t need them anymore so I would sell them. They are not the prettiest seats though! I think the previous owner had to move the seat box over so that the seat wouldn’t hit the handbrake. They were bodged on to the seat bases with makeshift extensions as they didn’t quite line up.

Jake - did you sell those seats?

Return to “Conversions and modifications”