Events in the south..

Post by Bertha Contact Bertha » Subscribing Member » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:24 pm
Is there ever any down south/south east?
:wall:

Re: Events in the south..

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:46 pm
Not that I know of but there's nothing to stop members in the region organising their own meets.

The only proviso is if Public Liability insurance is required to use a site: club meets are covered but there's risk assessments to do before a meet can take place.

If there's no-one local qualified to do it (DipOSH or better) then contact me especially if a local authority is involved.
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by Bertha Contact Bertha » Subscribing Member » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 pm
I'll prob organise one and would just me sitting in a field on my own!

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:01 am
It wouldn't be the first time!

A post about amenities and places to visit may help. In and around Rossendale is what has been done for Rossendale meets - now I've been reminded to dust it off and tidy it up a bit so that it can be linked to How to get to Rossendale meets. :oops:

Just needs local knowledge and not necessarily a lot to start with: In and around Rossendale has developed a bit over the years but started off with just a list: Google did the rest pretty much. (It ought to re-written really: gotten untidy with so many edits and not a lot of clearing up afterwards. Later...)

No skill in phpBB required either: chuck difficult stuff at admin to sort out. :thumb:
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by will broad » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:13 pm
Me and my friend live in the south. Would be good to organise a meeting down here.

Post by Bertha Contact Bertha » Subscribing Member » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:33 pm
How much in the south I'm actually south east in the compost heap of the garden of England Dover!
If Bertha is done by the summer. There is a classic car show on Deal sea front but not a proper meet..

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:39 pm
Hi there must be plenty of steam or vintage rallies down south so why not get some entry forms and exhibit your Bedford’s you get to camp for free.
I exhibit at rallies up north from north west to north east I nearly always list them in events with a link for an entry form,I also steward six rallies for Outdoorshows Ltd four north east Whitby, Malton and Castle Howard and two north west Cheshire area.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:50 pm
What's Whitstable and Canterbury like these days? I quite liked the area in the late 1970s and there's a classic car show in Whitstable in July and one in Herne Bay in August - http://www.classicmusicandmotors.co.uk

Post by Bertha Contact Bertha » Subscribing Member » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:10 pm
Whitstable is the DFL capital of the south east. Nice little town.

Post by Bertha Contact Bertha » Subscribing Member » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 pm
Phil Bradshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:50 pm
http://www.classicmusicandmotors.co.uk
This is a great link. Cheers mate
I don't think Bertha will be ready for Deals shows in May but never say never!

Return to “Events”