Including day vans

Please help Bedford CF 85 Glendale camper

Post by Slimm991 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:58 pm
Hi all dose anybody know what the aluminium trim around the outer edge of the motorhome also o need some way off having 2 batteries on one alternator. But once engine is shut off my 12v lights work but off one battery so my main starter. Battery don't drain.

Re: Please help Bedford CF 85 Glendale camper

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:16 am
Alloy and other finisher strips vary according to manufacturer and model. Most use stock sections ... but there is a lot to choose from.

To charge a starting battery and deep cycle ('leisure') battery from the alternator you'll need to fit a split charging system (relay built for the job or electronic voltage sensing type).

You also will need to have an independent control panel and wiring for stuff run from the deep cycle battery.
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by Slimm991 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 am
Ok once again Phil thank you do you have any idea where I can get the battery relay and were I can buy the caravan alloy finishing stripes and the rubber seal

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:59 pm
You can get batteries from eBay with next day free delivery you can get relays from eBay or any decent autoelecrical outlet if you google the aluminium extrusion there are a few places that do it the insert is a plastic type fill strip.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by RobX » Subscribing Member » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:30 pm
I'm looking at this kind of thing for my rebuild.

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:49 pm
Split charge: look on eBay for ideas - choice of relay, 'intelligent' voltage sensing and diode types.

What NOT to use: 200A 12V relay from China. Needs a tungsten bulb for ballast (series resistance) or the thing will melt.

If it all seems confusing then find an auto electrician who understands split charge systems!
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by Packern Contact Packern » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 pm
RobX wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:30 pm
I'm looking at this kind of thing for my rebuild.
Magnum motorhomes have the same stuff and the plastic infill try them delivery dear but very prompt if you need it in a hurry

https://magnummotorhomes.co.uk/shop/aut ... ner-mould/
Nigel Packer

Return to “Motor homes”