Including day vans

Fuel Filler Neck?

Post by Shambolic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:02 pm
Although I've got a Glendale I imagine the question is fairly generic.

The filler on my Bedford is a nightmare. I have to mess around to get the pump nozzle to give more than a drop before cutting off, and then risk having fuel erupt from the filler neck.

It seems to be due to the angle of the pipe from filler to tank - Looks to be very flat for quite a way, meanning the bent filler nozzle doesn't really fit, and fuel doesn't get a lot of gravity assist.

Is there a known solution, or do I need to try to get ingenius with it?

Re: Fuel Filler Neck?

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 am
I have the Advantura and I find a singular problem when putting petrol in it's a very slow filler which doesn't bother me much as I only put 10 Ltrs in now and again as I run on lpg.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 am
Best remedy is to move the filler up the body side but this means going through the body floor and whatever unit is above the tank filler.

Meanwhile try a funnel with hose long enough to reach the bend in the tank filler neck.
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by Shambolic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:14 pm
I'd prefer not to hack holes in the sides (they're the tidiest part of the thing, even if they're attached to little more than rot and hope currently) so maybe a flexible funnel is the way to go then.

I don't mind a slow fill, but it can take a while to get the nozzle just right for anything other than a no fill!

Return to “Motor homes”