search

Post by TriciaS » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:51 pm
Hello, can you possibly improve the search as what ever I type in most words are ignored, example rear wheel bearing = rear and bearing are ignored, even when I try advanced search and state include all words it doesn't it still says ignored rear and bearing, now I could actually understand it ignoring the word wheel and rear but to ignore bearing is just giving me far too many post to search through, anyway I shall now go and ask a question about rear wheel bearing in the correct section just to save me searching through hundreds of irrelevant post, sorry to nag

Re: search

Post by admin » Site Admin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:38 pm
The simple answer is that the search function is working as it should, i.e. the term 'bearing rear' being ignored but 'rear wheel' and 'wheel bearing' are included as well as the separate words.

There's less mileage involved if the search is restricted to 'Rear axle and rear suspension' but the problem that you're up against is that as yet there's not been many questions about 'rear wheel bearing' (alternatively 'rear hub bearing') or you would see more posts with that phrase highlighted.

Anyroadup, you've found a solution - post a new question - so I'll change hats and answer it. :)

Return to “Comments on website or forum”