About being a new mechanic and a new forum member

Post by Tigor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:02 pm
Hi! I just wanted to chip in a comment and encouragment to all the new members of the forum that might happen to be totally newbies in mechanics too. Me and my partner bought our first mobile home (a Bedford CF 350 from-82) in April this year and this is our only home. We are travellers, living on the road with no fixed address. When we got the van we knew hardly any mechanics but had a romantic thought that we will learn on the way (We had changed oil and had a vague idea about the difference between petrol and diesel engines :)) . And as we have learned. We have had small, but to be expected, problems ever since. The van had not been driven or really looked after for years when we got it (although it has very low mileage) so we've needed to change various weary and cracked pipes and parts, and most of the times finding out that they are cracked or broken when we are on the road :). So we have acquired quite good skills in mechanics since April :) (On our first break-down we had problems with the charging system and in our attempts to fix it we burned two cables and short-cutted our battery so we had to buy a new one, haha! ).

And thorugh all this this forum has been our live-safer. We were really shy in the beginning to ask all our questions, because you could tell from our posts how little we knew (I honesty tried to put down as little information as possible to not give ourselves away and I always came up with an explanation in my mind to why a real mechanic would ask this question :lol: ). But the forum, and Phil, have had loads of patience with us and our questions, and will have with your questions too, no matter how stupid they may seem ;) . So yeah, just wanted to tell to all the new mechanics out there that you are not alone and dare to ask your questions. That is what the forum is there for.

Return to “Comments on website or forum”