Re: Pickering Traction Engine Rally 30th July to 2nd August

Post by NickG38 » Subscribing Member » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:01 pm
Hi Dave,
Hope to see you all on Friday evening. Still got some stuff to fix in the van but planning to do this tonight.
Cheers
Nick

Post by NickG38 » Subscribing Member » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:25 am
Thanks to Dave for organising the section again.

The rally was a little disappointing this year but I guess when you have 2 friends who have fallen out and organised simultaneous steam fairs, there is bound to be a split in loyalties. There certainly seemed to be less trade stands and some exhibitors were noticeable by their absence.

Anyhow, we had a good time, despite some starting issues on the CF. Arrived on Friday night, stalled :o when trying to reverse into our pitch and could not get it started again. Pushed the van back and put it down to hot engine and decided to have a go in the morning. No luck with cold engine, so with the help of Dee (thanks matey) we checked fuel, points and spark from the coil. All OK. Rae came along, asked what the trouble was, put his hand on the bonnet , I turned the key and she burst into life! Now there may a simple solution but we did all laugh about the divine intervention.......... :lol: :lol:

Post by rich4you » Subscribing Member » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:49 am
Hi all, had a great time at Pickering despite the rain and leaks in van, engine was sound and got us back safely too. nice to see friends old and new.

Richard & Judy
Life's a Bitch then you Die

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:54 am
Hi all the weather wasn't the best it's been at this event,I don't know about Nick saying there wasn't much there the event was packed tight and all the section leaders were looking for more space. The fact that Simon Boak the guy who ran the event for years holding another rally at Allerton Park nr knaresborough didn't help in fact it had loads of people confused which rally they had booked in at, but dispute all that I think most of us enjoyed ourselves I suffered with sandals rubbing my toes making it very painfully to walk we are in Whitby now getting some sun and fish&chips.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by tinandee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:11 pm
Hi All
Thanks for a good meeting Dave
It was good to see every one again pity it is only 1 or 2 times a year
Shame it is so far away as it takes 6 hours to get to you all at Pickering and 8 to 9 hours to get up to Moffatt
But we do enjoy it anyway
Next year we are going to try to get into Driffield as well so I'm afraid you well
have to put up with us for 2 weeks
Good to see Richard & Judy there next year it well look
like a new camper

See you all soon
Tina and Dee

Post by raewaters » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:57 pm
NickG38 wrote: Rae came along, asked what the trouble was, put his hand on the bonnet , I turned the key and she burst into life! Now there may a simple solution but we did all laugh about the divine intervention.......... :lol: :lol:
Hello Nick,
Glad I could help, just one of my many talents: other ones are turning wine into water and sending people to sleep: the list could go on :D :D

Rae

Post by raewaters » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:01 pm
A big thank you to Dave for organising another fantastic meet (well what would you expect?). Ann and myself thoroughly enjoyed the Pickering experience and it was great to meet up again with some of the old faces (must get my finger out and attend more meets). Look forward to the next one and, hopefully, meet some new members as well as the old.

Rae

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:27 am
Good to hear you all enjoyed yourselves despite the weather. :)

Early planning for next year: take it as read that once the dates for Pickering are announced there'll be a CF Org Rossendale meet the week before and it can be extended to accommodate anyone who would like to go on to Pickering straight from Rossendale. :thumb:
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 pm
Hi Phil as soon as I get the confirmed dates I will let you know the dates according to this years programme is 4,5,6,&7th August but will know better around January. The rally certainly went well and nearly all turned up except the ones who let me know before hand.
Dave.

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:25 am
Hi all we left Pickering on Monday and headed over to Whitby were we had 3 days the weather there was better than it was at Pickering we even had a bus ride to Scarborough we left at 10.15 yesterday and got back to Blackburn for 13.30 the trafic coming back was fairly bad due to road works just before Pickering and just after the main roundabout I'm going to fill up with LPG after and will let you know what my total mpg was for the trip.
Dave

Return to “Events”