Re: Pickering Traction Engine Rally 30th July to 2nd August

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:17 am
wnderer wrote:I'll get my entry in the post this week, Dave
Hi Crawford I'm still waiting for you entry for Pickering so I can add you to the list.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by Derrick » Subscribing Member » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:22 pm
Hi Dave. I've just realised 5mins ago I'm already booked for a show 1st & 2nd of August in Goluster with the Hyundai club. I'm a bit pissed off now I was looking forward to Pickering, plus this one costs £10 for 2 days and another £10 camping for the Saturday night. Soz about that. I'll keep watching the club meets for another meet in the near future. :(

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:47 am
In that case Derrick I would sack it off and come to Pickering for free also you can be at Pickering for 6 days in all if you want.

Post by petethebiker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:15 am
hi dave
sounds good I would like to come however it all depends on how things are as my wife Chrissy has terminal cancer and she is already exceeded the time they gave as prognosis so I cannot make any firm plans however, that being said, I have to plan for my future and the c.f. motorhome I am getting is my way of doing just that. so I will complete and send you the relevant forms but please excuse me if it turns out I do not attend, I have told the white dove people the same. I would like to bring my collection of garden machines and tools as I belong to the v.g.h.m.c. which is a club dedicated to old machines and tools from the earliest to the 60's so I would also like an awning display will therefore complete several forms which encompasses that aspect
pete

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:57 am
Hi Pete, It would be great if you could exhibit if you complete one form for the camper and one for the awning display stating two plots required that will give you the CF in the Bedford section and the awning Display and the old equipment in the awning display section all will be in the same area. Just send the completed forms to me and just send one SAE.

Dave

Post by petethebiker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:49 pm
hi dave
I will be picking thee c.f. up in about two weeks so will post off the completed forms then as I have yet to get insurance for it. my big camper will be my main carry all as the c.f. will be on a trailer behind
the awning etc. is on my big camper. I have requested for all of the days to attend and look fwd to seeing you all there.it will be nice going back t'up north again as I am a yorkshireman born in leeds.
pete

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:29 am
Hi Pete,So your driving the big one and the cf will be on a trailer if you are using the big one for the Awning display then you only need to complete one for the cf and one for the awning display unless the awning display takes up more than the length of your big camper if it does then complete two awning displays so I can make sure I get enough space for you. Normally you can gain entry to Pickering on the Tuesday before the show and don't have to leave until the Monday look forward to receiving your entry and meeting you at the show.
Dave

Post by petethebiker » Sun May 24, 2015 9:57 am
hi all
I have got all the tickets etc for the show and I am looking forward to coming up however I may have to cancel at short notice please allow me to explain why my Chrissy has got a terminal brain tumor it is fairly advanced she was given 5 months to live in dec and has already passed that line
my councillor advised me to book as much as I can in july and aug because when she passes I am going to need to get away but if come the show she is still with me I of course will not come
I am her full time carerer and am on sick leave from work so that I may do this I do get respite but only 6hrs a week which I take on a sat the rest of the time it is 24/7 and very hard as the tumor has left her bed bound and paralised down her left side so please understand if when the time comes I may not be there cancer is a terrible desease
thanks pete

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 am
Hi Pete I totally understand your position and it must be really hard for you,what I don't understand you say you've got all the tickets for the show,( what tickets) you don't need ant tickets you will be receiving entry passes from me nearer the time to get into the show.
Dave

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:43 am
WARNING ANYONE WISHING TO EXHIBIT AT PICKERING GET YOUR ENTRIES IN ASAP CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS 19JUNE. thank you.
Dave.

Return to “Events”