Re: CF 250 'Europa' Silhouette (special edition? )

Post by Packern Contact Packern » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 am
Take it easy and get well soon
Nigel Packer

Post by lord13 » Subscribing Member » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 am
Thanks I am and hopefully I will... halway through a course of antibiotics and it feels no different :( back to Doctors again today .

Post by lord13 » Subscribing Member » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:41 pm
Well ... still not fully recovered and I am sadly having to be realistic... I have placed the van on ebay as I don't think I will be able to do the work unfortunately

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bedford-CF-p ... 3645005947

Post by Packern Contact Packern » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:39 am
Sorry to hear that but I think in the long run it will be a good idea. Keep looking and i'm sure you will find THE one for you mate. There are more than you think.
I have put a link to it in the eBay section for you if that helps.
Nigel Packer

Post by lord13 » Subscribing Member » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 am
Thank you for that mate very nice of you to do that . . . However, I have decided to break it myself and list the parts separately. Not in a desperate bid to get more cash, although that would be nice, but due to the fact that I linked it on various facebook cf pages and had a few bad eggs taking the 'p' in the comments, which I could take, and quite a few nasty instant messages, which I could not put up with . . . I don't know why I prompted such behaviour, I believed I was honest in my listing, but there you go, that's people for you. Unfortunately it has made me rethink my tactics . . .

Post by teh » Subscribing Member » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:47 pm
hard luck, I was rooting for you but I think you've made the right choice as it's so far gone, I would offer to buy some body repair sections off you but judging from the pics I don't think there's much left to cut out!

Post by lord13 » Subscribing Member » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:41 pm
Well... it's time to destroy the CF, I had a little go at it today... to be honest.. it was quite fun.
And i'm very glad I didn't sell it as a whole on ebay as now I'm ripping it to pieces the true extent of the rust is evident, If i'dve passed this on to someone else I would never have forgiven myself :(

Here's some pics of the destruction.

Using a rope/strap pulley arrangement I managed to lower the fibreglass roof off the side of the van.

Daylight!

I then cut off the front of the roof . . . well I say 'cut' but really i sort of 'pushed' it off. . .

And after I cut out the pop top frame, I was able to just push this section off the back of the van.

All in all a good couple of hours work :)

All parts will be listed on ebay unless anyone wants anything on here, I'll put up a post in the for sale section of the forum and you can message me for details.

Post by lord13 » Subscribing Member » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm
More pictures of destruction . . .

all in all not a bad days work....my back is feeling it now though :(

Return to “Blogs”