Re: Landcruiser without an engine.

Post by doujoy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:33 pm
Hi to all,

Today's visit to Jason's Bedford was productive once the water pump gasket was replaced and the leak stopped, refilled with water and then ran up to temperature no more leaks and running very sweetly.
Some signs that the sparky had visited but as yet no new wiring to be seen, maybe time to take a back seat and let him get on with the rewiring work.

doujoy

Post by doujoy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:00 pm
hi to all,

Well my work is done on the old Land-cruiser she is up and running I had a quick drive around the farm in her with bits of the floor still missing and no engine cover but she is running and starting with good brakes and a complete exhaust system.
The rest of the work still to be done is being put right by the sparky and Jason himself.

doujoy

Post by doujoy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:53 pm
Hi to all,

Jason's old Land-cruiser is booked in for its MOT on the eighteenth of this month so with a bit of luck it will be out on the road chewing up some miles soon after, it has went from a badly rusted piece of scrap without an engine rotting away in northern Ireland to a regenerated camper/mini-bus.

doujoy

Post by doujoy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:09 am
Hi to all,

Jason's old Land-cruiser goes for its MOT today so any prayers will be welcome, but from the shell on wheels that we started with even a fail will be progress.

doujoy

Post by doujoy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:26 pm
Hi to all,

Well it seems Jason's Land-cruiser needs some chassis welding, no great surprise there apart from the fact they refused to carry out the MOT test, in fact it was never inside their workshop.
I had advised him on where to take his Bedford for its MOT, same place as I take mine but he choose to take it into a really flash Toyota/ Mazda dealership, I think they must have been horrified when he rolled up in front of their flash showroom and handed in the keys.
So now he is looking for a workshop willing to do the chassis repairs, I have recommended a couple in the local area mainly because I have no where to do that kind of work, I wonder if he has listened this time!

doujoy

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:20 am
Your guess is as good as mine Doug,but if the chassis requires welding it would have failed anywhere he took it :D
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by doujoy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:51 am
Hi,

I agree but at least he would have had a failure with all other faults listed, The only time I was able to refuse an MOT was if the vehicle was unsafe or un-drive-able and caused risk to myself or others in the work-place.

doujoy

Post by doujoy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:45 pm
Hi to all,

Jason has taken his Land-cruiser along to a well known metal fabrication shop here in the town for an assessment of the condemned chassis and they have said it is repairable without too much cost and have taken on the work needed, they say they have seen and repaired much worse and worked on a lot of classic motors.
So all our work is not in-vain it seems we will see Jason's Land-cruiser on the road before our September local rally at Scone Palace.

doujoy

Return to “Blogs”