Re: Trips with our CF350 LAL since Resto

Post by tctor68 » Subscribing Member » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:59 am
Went for a couple of days in September to Crail, just south of St.Andrews in Fife before the rain comes.

About half an hour drive from house, great weather and went to harbour and got cooked Lobster for £11, yum yum.

Last edited by admin on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replace photobucket links.

Post by tctor68 » Subscribing Member » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:40 pm
Here is our latest trip with LAL and defiantly the longest , from Fife to Benodet in the south of Brittany in France.
The biggest test of my work and not to forget our CF guru on here Phil Bradshaw who I had total faith in his previous work on the camper in 2009, no let downs on the mechanical sides :thumb: .

We left on 9th july to Stockton for my brother in law's wedding.
So after a fantastic day and wild night headed south to Plymouth for the over night ferry to Roscof in France.

A Very nice camp site called Le Letty in Benodet with beach front and heated indoor pool aswell as a fantastic outdoor pool with slides!
With temperatures in high 20's and up to 33 with no air con only opening windows and roof fan it was sweltering but very nice with plenty drinks to keep cool :brew: :brew: :thumb:

Tor
Last edited by admin on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:45 am
Hi Tor looks like you had a good time just like we did at the Rossendale meet.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by tctor68 » Subscribing Member » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:49 pm
Yes Dave, had a really good time
Could not of had better weather the whole time there
Was there with my darling wife Sheila and brother and sister inlaw for 7 days, also got my French partially back. :lol: ( Allo Allo , Rene' )

Did my bit with cooking too :P

Seen a nice original Cf 250 owned for 6 yrs by a young French local family who have traveled to Ireland and Spain aswell as all over France with it, who were just there for weekend.

Arrived in Plymouth Thurs morning with No Wind so decided to try to go for it and get as far home before stopping!

Had 3 stops ( pee/ bite to eat )
Old gal was struggling to keep up with large lorries on way down due to all weight carrying , but on way home engine running best ever and almost like sports car :lol: passing every lorry sitting happy at 60 / 3,500revs
Even up hill :shock: :o :o , revving more than 4k to pass the faster ones when needed.

I think electronic ignition made a huge difference in the performance :thumb: :thumb:

Done 540 miles from 6.30am , and home at 8.30pm
Not bad going for an old girl, well chuffed , only oil leak offside rear axle and slight overheating issues with engine temp.
Was sorted by putting heating on slightly and having door windows down to let heat out.

Going to see about a recore upgrade radiator from my donor vehicle.

Maybe try and get away in sept. I hope somewhere closer :thumb:

Tor
Last edited by admin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:15 pm
Hi Tor last time I did that trip from Plymouth to Roscof was when I went with my brother in a Trasit van loaded to the gills with all his stuff as he had bought a house in Lascasicas which is four miles out of Fortuna Spain. We docked at Roscof and left at 8 am in the morning drove through the night and ended up at his place 9.30am the following morning after covering 1035 miles needless to say we went straight to bed.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Return to “Blogs”