new road wheel

Post by Autosleeper1981 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 pm
Hi - im new to the forum (and to the CF!) but i couldnt find a similar topic by searching...sorry if there is one!
Im looking to replace a road wheel (for CF 250 autosleeper 1981) as the holes got worn on a hairy journey where all the nuts came lose. Haynes says 5.50k x14. i cant find a supplier anywhere that has them and the one place that has anything close told me i could use a 5.50j but im wary of this... can anyone advise? its a 5 stud and i worked out the PCD as 151.4068mm which again seems to be rare..if its right at all! . obviously a second hand one would be perfect but no breakers have come forth as having a suitable vehicle. So im resigned to having to fork out for a new one..or I wonder if anyone knows of a newer/easier to find parts for vehicle that uses the same wheel dimensions? (as they all seem to require make & model but Bedford isnt listed) Any help would be very greatfully appreciated!
1981 CF 250 Autosleeper "Joni"

Re: new road wheel

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm
5.5k (or 5.1/2k) is the earlier 10-hole wheel for tubed tyres; 5.5j is the later 5-hole wheel for tubeless tyres.

The difference is the tyre bead rebate on 5.5j rims intended to retain the tyre on the rim when deflated.

Tubeless tyres can be fitted to 5.5k rims without the rebate but when deflated the tyre beads will slip off the rim. This shouldn't be a problem for a tyre fitter but can be a pain at the roadside.

Used 5.5k wheels, wheel bolts and new wheel nuts available via the club Parts Department Front counter. :thumb:
  • What is real is not the appearance but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Re: new road wheel

Post by Autosleeper1981 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:06 am
Thank you Phil
1981 CF 250 Autosleeper "Joni"

Return to “Steering and road wheels”