Where to find help when you want to change major units on your CF - engine, transmission, brakes etc. - or upgrade earlier models to later specifications.

Re: Clear turn signals

Post by philbut » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:51 pm
My French 1976 Trailblazer (CF230) also has clear lenses as standard I believe. I personally prefer them to the orange, on a white van. Only issue was someone had fitted them with the drain hole on the top, so they filled with water. Now I can't quite shift the rust stain from the inside of the glass, but it's not too obvious.

Post by Robin from France » Subscribing Member » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 pm
You have glass lenses! I just have plain plastic, and my main problem is gathering dust on the lenses, not rainwater because all of my Bedfords are at the back of the garage...

Robin

Post by vivarenza » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:14 pm
Hi Robin. Would you sell or do you know someone who sell pair(or even one) of unbroken clear L836 lenses(or whole lamps) to me?

Post by Robin from France » Subscribing Member » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:16 am
vivarenza wrote:Hi Robin. Would you sell or do you know someone who sell pair(or even one) of unbroken clear L836 lenses(or whole lamps) to me?
Hi,

I'd have to look around in my boxes - I may have a pair, but they're the sort of part I tend to hold on to in case I break one. To be honest you'd be better off looking for a new part in your 'part' of the world. Surely some Scandanavian cars used round indicators at some point?

Robin

Post by vivarenza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 pm
Robin from France wrote:
vivarenza wrote:Hi Robin. Would you sell or do you know someone who sell pair(or even one) of unbroken clear L836 lenses(or whole lamps) to me?
Hi,

I'd have to look around in my boxes - I may have a pair, but they're the sort of part I tend to hold on to in case I break one. To be honest you'd be better off looking for a new part in your 'part' of the world. Surely some Scandanavian cars used round indicators at some point?

Robin
OK. I already have good original amber lights and those clear L760's i have fitted. But I want clear lenses to original turn signals. Apparently clear lenses are only French, Italian and Greek models.

Return to “Conversions and modifications”