Where to find help when you want to change major units on your CF - engine, transmission, brakes etc. - or upgrade earlier models to later specifications.

Re: More welly please. Does anything bolt up?

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:56 pm
CR for 1.8 and 2.3 CF engines is maintained about the same by the different pistons, flat top for 1.8 (A) CR 7.6:1, dished for 2.3 (B) CR 7.5:1 -

• What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by Kooda » Subscribing Member » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:22 pm
Ahhhh, another cunning plan falls by the wayside.

Post by philbut » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 am
VDUB384 wrote:If your going down the Essex or Cologne route have a look or contact Philbut (Phil Buttler) as he has already done one and can give you some pointers, I'm not sure if it's on the forum or not.
Dave
Yep, I'm still here :thumb:

Regarding the MOT changes, the V6 will bump you over the power increase level at which you qualify. So you'd still need an MOT. The tax however is based on a points system. I have checked and my van is still well within the point to qualify for tax exemption. You could have ANY engine in there and you would still be OK, so long as the rest of the van is pretty standard (IE you've not changed the chassis for a racing tubular job etc).

The 2.9 EFi in my CF is night and day with the original 2.3 slant. It will sit all day at 60 (or faster if you want), full of gear, up any hill and tow a caravan at that speed too. No carb icing to worry about, not cold start issues. and it is returning about 22-25mpg on a run (Hi top SWB). I wouldn't swap back.

Post by Summers » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:10 am
Kooda wrote:How about this?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-GB

Should do the trick! :lol: :roll:
Have a measure up. I’m fitting a ford 302 v8 ( narrowest of all v8s ) with very little work

Return to “Conversions and modifications”