If you're new to Bedford CF Org then say hello here

Greetings from Brittany

Post by Victor » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 pm
Hi all, I'm the owner of a 1979 Bedford CF250 since 2010. I bought it because I needed a van for the renovation of a wooden boat. I drove it for a few months and once the boat had been finished I started working on the bodyshell of the CF. Not too bad condition but it had a few rust holes, around windows, windscreen, bottom of doors etc. I also had to rebuild the brakes, the electric circuit which had been badly modified, and I did a full overhaull of the engine, then converted it from auto gearbox to manual to increase mpg and reduce noise. I'm still on the "sand/apply filler/resand/re-apply filler/oh-no-this-is-still-not-ok/resand/refill" steps which are very time consuming. I plan to apply the first paint layer in April when temperatures grow up.
Work took me a lot of time because I also dealt with a 106 Rallye 1.3 (rust removal and paint), a 944 S2, a Saab 9-5 with lots of problems, a full restoration on a Peugeot Randonneur (my grandfather's bicycle he bought new in 1950), a house to rebuild, a full time job, two moves, and three children...

My van will turn 40 this year and I hope it will be back on the road for its birthday.

I also own a 1973 Matra-Simca Bagheera for week-end trips.

About me: I used to live a few years in Swansea (that was 20 years ago) and discovered the character of British cars with their rough engines and capricious electric circuits (Lucas, Prince of Darkness) through Defenders and Reliant Scimitar. I must admit I love the mechanical simplicity and the fact that almost all spare parts are still available at reasonable price (which is much complicated with french cars, and extremely expensive on german and italian cars).

Re: Greetings from Brittany

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:40 pm
Hi welcome to the club.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by rich4you » Subscribing Member » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:53 am
Hi welcome to the club. :thumb:

Richard
Life's a Bitch then you Die

Post by Packern Contact Packern » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am
Welcome :-)
Nigel Packer

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:56 am
Hi and welcome to the club. :thumb:
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Return to “Introduce yourself”