If you're new to Bedford CF Org then say hello here

Hi from the North Yorkshire Moors

Post by Tillybee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:00 am
Hi all,
Please can I thank you for letting me join your club.
I'm new to all this chatty milarkie on a keyboard and thought mesen a bit o'er 'ord ti learn. I'd also like to share with you the fact that I'm dictating and another is typing for me, think I am o'er 'ord to learn to type an all. :lol: I've been spending endless hours on the phone trying to source parts for my new purchase with the majority of folks responding with 'have you tried the Bedford CF club' so here I is?'
(that is the last of the local twang, they will type properly now, promise!)
My recent aforementioned purchase is a Bedford CF Debonair 11. (this I have just found out after joining this site, so mega thanks for that) will be looking for bits and bobs for her (Tilly) I would love to know which direction to start and look for the rear corner windows, one is broken and the other understandably after 47 years is a tadge dull. Plus a source for all the rubber seals as they turn to dust when touched. Many thanks again I know Tilly will appreciate it. Cheers

Re: Hi from the North Yorkshire Moors

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am
Hi and welcome to the club first of all are you sure it's a debonair as I thought they were mostly on CA chassis although I could be wrong the CF version was the Landcruiser anyway besides all that your from North Yorkshire. I am section organiser for Outdoor Shows classic campers,classic Caravans and Awning Displays, this year we have 3 rallies in North Yorkshire starting with Yorkshire Game Fair Malton, Whitby Traction Engine Rally up nor the Abbey and Yorkshire Traction Engine Rally at Scampston Hall Malton,if you are interested in exhibiting your camper in any or all of these rallies the go to the events section and print an entry form off.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by rich4you » Subscribing Member » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 pm
Hi and welcome to the club. :thumb: :thumb:

Richard
Life's a Bitch then you Die

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 am
Hi and welcome to the club. :)

There is a somewhat under-used section for Dormobile body questions - Help centre ‹ Special bodies questions ‹ Motor homes ‹ Dormobile; may as well start there as anywhere. :thumb:
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by Tillybee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:44 pm
Hi folks, many thanks for your greetings and thank you VDUB for your invitation to shows in our area. Really hoping to get Tilly done but she needs an awful lot of work. On a plus side thanks to connections on here I have bought all the window trims but really need that corner window before I start on that job. We looked on here for confirmation she is a Debonair, the Landcruiser has 3 full windows down each side, the Debonair only 2 on one side and 2 plus a little one on the other. She did have a badge on one of the wings we've taken off but we didn't know if that had been a replacement or not. I've tried a couple of perspex forming places for the window but they haven't replied so I'm assuming they don't make that kind of stuff. :wall: Any ideas where to try next would be very much appreciated. Cheers

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 am
You could try Adrian Bailey he's in the list.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Return to “Introduce yourself”