If you're new to Bedford CF Org then say hello here

Post by GoodShipCF2 » Subscribing Member » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 pm
Hi can anyone tell me how you get an avatar ? Or how you make one ? Cheers Kevin - B'ham :thumb:
The GLASS - Pessimist it's half empty... Optimist it's half full ... Engineer it's twice the size it needs to be ...

Re: Avatars

Post by johnnyonions » Subscribing Member » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:30 pm
Google 'avatars' millions of em ;)

Post by GoodShipCF2 » Subscribing Member » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 am
Hi Jonnyonions ,
I know I'm not very expert with computers but I got that bit. The problem is the forum has a max space and Avatar needs to be 64x64 ? 64kib ? I just wanted to find or make a decent one to fit that memory criteria ! Cheers mate and all the best

Kevin - B'ham
The GLASS - Pessimist it's half empty... Optimist it's half full ... Engineer it's twice the size it needs to be ...

Post by GoodShipCF2 » Subscribing Member » Sat May 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Thanks to Phil in the club my Avatar is now sorted . I am now using this post to test if I have got to grips with GIMP imaging software and being able to correctly upload photos onto the forum , for use in my posts , with the aim of helping others . This site has been a great help to me and I hope my posts are of use to someone at some point .... The test photo today is of the engine bay , a shot looking at the air intake from passenger side to drivers side , looking at the Brake servo too ....

Ok .... lets see if this has worked ??? :wall:

Kevin - B'ham :brew:

Post by GoodShipCF2 » Subscribing Member » Sat May 11, 2019 4:00 pm
Photos ... round too of Kevin vs Gimp / Upload / Technology .... already a 3 tag team vs little old me .... as you can see round 1 .... I lost .... My corner has shouted at me .... so lets see ..... round two of Photo of engine bay shot ....

OK I now know where I went wrong from Mr Bradshaw's destructions .....
This is one helluva result for me !!! My corner have all just dropped their jaws .... however the coach is waving a comments board .... it is saying ..... Image cropping .... Forum page layout ... amateur .... Forum crashing ....

Boy this has only taking how long :shock: how much head scratching ... :lol: .... regards the comments board .... I think I will need further advice from Mr Bradshaw .... if he has not lost the will to live ! This is gonna cost me Dear in JD :mrgreen:
Well ... while I certainly may not win any photography awards .... hopefully it will improve my posts and as I said in this post thread .... help others ... as this brilliant site has been a great help to me ... including places to go to to , get stuff from etc ... Best wishes to all and hope you manage to get some great Road trips in etc

All the best - Kevin - B'ham

Post by Bertha Contact Bertha » Subscribing Member » Sat May 11, 2019 7:19 pm
I dump phtos on farcebook in internet browser on phone then hit view full size and copy the url on there. Might be easier. Dunno about playing around with gimps. That gets politicians in trouble that does.
:DD:

Post by GoodShipCF2 » Subscribing Member » Sun May 12, 2019 6:51 pm
Dear Bertha ,
I have watched a few programs about such things .... often thought .... I'm in the wrong feckin trade .... !!! Ok .... I have already scrambled my little grey ... now most likely fluorescent cells enough for the time being ... I'll write it in my photo notes though and give it a try ! Thanks for the tips ... It's only so , as I said , my posts , attempts at CF repairs etc might help others .... I think the parts issues is a the biggest ..... classics that make wedges of money or have a huge following have plenty of sources ...
Best wishes .... Kevin :thumb:

Return to “Introduce yourself”