If you're new to Bedford CF Org then say hello here

Greetings from finland

Post by vivarenza » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:45 pm
Hi all. I'm Roni 18 years old but still very long time fanatic vauxhall/bedford enthusiast. I'm also chief editor and art editor of Vauxhall Bedford Club Finland's club magazine. My Family bought 1974 CF van(with windows) with 2300 petrol engine in january. We also have plenty of vauxhalls, Magnum project, Firenza, HB and HC estate vivas, ventora and vx4/90 FD's for example. We have total twenty to thirty vauxhalls. This is first Bedford for us. Then to bedford. I bought overdrive gearbox from ebay, it need to fee checked before installing, also we are planned higher geared diff with it. Also Weber DCD is waiting for installion. There is little bit of rust at rear wheel arches, what need to weld before MOT. We have driven it now about thousand miles, and it works great except coil, which broke on last trip. Fuel economy isn't very good, but it should fall after carb and gearbox change.

Kind Regards
-Roni

Re: Greetings from finland

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm
Hi Roni welcome to the club and good luck with your latest project.
Dave
Last edited by VDUB384 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 pm
Hi Roni and welcome to the club. :thumb:

Weber DCD on a 2279c engine sounds interesting. If you need information on set up and tuning then the Passini books may be useful - in the Reference Library in the Subscribing Members area, a hint to sign up as a Subscribing Member, here. :D
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by RobX » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 pm
Terve, Roni! And welcome to the club.

Post by rich4you » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:51 am
Hi Roni and welcome to the club :thumb:

Richard
Life's a Bitch then you Die

Post by Julia Walker Contact Julia Walker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:12 pm
Welcome Roni,
Have you seen any other Bedfords for sale in Finland? I am trying to buy a Bedford CF Autosleeper with pop up roof circa 1974.
Regards,
Julia

Post by vivarenza » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm
Julia Walker wrote:Welcome Roni,
Have you seen any other Bedfords for sale in Finland? I am trying to buy a Bedford CF Autosleeper with pop up roof circa 1974.
Regards,
Julia
Hi! Vans, busses, pickups and trucks are more common here in finland. Pop up roof models i havent seen here at all.
Here is some Finnish websites where you can find bedfords:
http://vbcf.fi/forum/ (you can put wtb ad to ”ostetaan bedford” section)
https://www.tori.fi/
https://www.nettimarkkina.com/ (and nettiauto(cars), nettikone(machines and trucks), nettikaravaani(caravans and camper vans(watch only with maximum age and camper vans(cause most are not listed as bedford) and nettivaraosa(spares, project cars(some are pretty good)

Post by Julia Walker Contact Julia Walker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:19 pm
Thankyou :D

Return to “Introduce yourself”