If you're new to Bedford CF Org then say hello here

New CF 250 From France

Post by apolmo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:26 pm
Hello from France,

New on the Forum, I introduce myself and my new CF250 ... sorry my English is very poor but I try to do do my best...

I am an unprofessional of old vehicles and tinkering with modesty Japanese motorbikes of the 70s and also own 3 classic cars ( TVR TAIMAR :D , MERCEDES 200 et DATSUN CHERRY).
I gave the virus to my son (18 years) who also takes care of old cross motorbikes (always year 70) or others classic cars (GOLF1,BMWE30,MERCEDES 200 as his father).

Short...

I bought the Bed recently for my daughter (20 years old) in a bunk .
Basically, it was destined to leave our French city in way of US where she will travel during 3 months ... But, once arrived at the house, I immediately felt and especially my son that we had become "addicted to the Bed" and we would never let it leave and never see it again (the Bed not my daughter). We knew that it will cross the atlantic but never come back...
So we collectively decided to keep it and find another van (camping car) for my daughter.

So, sorry for all these details but this is the beginning of our story ...

the Bed is 1979 but I don't known how many kilometers because it indicates 530 km on the counter ... but it was sold to us for about 100 000 miles ... We will never know!
This is a petrol 2L3 (type 97370A) Dormobile version. so it is laid out camping car with the original equipment ... but it's all old, all rotten.
I think it has no running since 2009 , date of insurance on the windscreen and visit of the CT( =MOT) .... but it starts at the quarter since the battery has regained strength when he is hot...it's more difficult at cold after few days. ..
Side chassis, it is not too rotten but there is a lot of job nevertheless in bodywork.

For now, he is safe and we are thinking about how to restore it.

maybe I will need your help as we start ... in Bedford

first job ... I found technical documentation: HAYNES bought in England of course...

See you soon

Last edited by admin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change attachments to image links.

Re: New CF 250 From France

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:45 pm
Hi and welcome to the club. :)

Your CF has a Dormobile type roof, maybe Freeway. The side window looks small so maybe a Dormobile roof has been added to a van conversion.
Have a look at brochures for Dormobile models here.

Good luck with your project. :thumb:
  • What is real is not the appearance but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by RobX » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:29 pm
Bonjour et bienvenue!

Looking forward to reading about your restoration.

Post by rich4you » Subscribing Member » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am
Hi and welcome to the club :thumb:

Richard
Life's a Bitch then you Die

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:46 am
Hi and welcome to the club
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Post by apolmo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:36 pm
Phil Bradshaw wrote:Hi and welcome to the club. :)

Your CF has a Dormobile type roof, maybe Freeway. The side window looks small so maybe a Dormobile roof has been added to a van conversion.
Have a look at brochures for Dormobile models here.

Good luck with your project. :thumb:
Hi Phil

I think that my CF250 is a Dormobile Calypso because it's exactly the same inside and outside when i look the brochure of Dormobile models...

Apolmo

Return to “Introduce yourself”