Where to ask if you're not sure of the make/model of your special body (motor home, bus, ambulance etc.).
A picture or three can help.

Hi Can Anyone tell me what the motorhome body is on my CF2 C-reg 1985 Please ?

Post by GoodShipCF2 » Subscribing Member » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:27 am
Hi Folks ,
GoodshipCF2 here .... from the photos can anyone tell what the motorhome body is please on my 3.5Ton chassis CF2 2.3D ?

there are no makers plates on the body ? No paperwork about the body ? Aluminuim skin and timber on timber , metal base onto the chassis of the bedford ? :wall:
:brew: Kevin - B'ham ( guy with Advanced Prostate Cancer :brew:
The GLASS - Pessimist it's half empty... Optimist it's half full ... Engineer it's twice the size it needs to be ...

Re: Hi Can Anyone tell me what the motorhome body is on my CF2 C-reg 1985 Please ?

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:54 am
I could be wrong but it looks like a Bedouin.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Re: Hi Can Anyone tell me what the motorhome body is on my CF2 C-reg 1985 Please ?

Post by Packern Contact Packern » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 am
Might be a luton van conversion?
Nigel Packer

Post by vauxhallfan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:18 pm
That's an odd looking radiator, looks like a Midi van radiator or is that the style used on the CF2?

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:07 pm
My first impression was Bristolian but I thought they'd packed up before 1985. Perhaps it's a one-off using, e.g. Hawson hi-capacity van with GRP Luton. Good looking van anyway.

Diesel engine looks to be a transplant: the original bracket for the air cleaner for petrol engine still is in place alongside where the ignition system high voltage warning label has been torn off.
  • What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by will broad » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:29 pm
What make of Diesel engine is that?
My friend has a Cf pioneer that originally had a slant engine in it but he swapped it for a diesel engine many years ago and it looks the same.
He can't remember the make of the Diesel engine which makes it hard to get the right parts for it.
Any ideas so I can pass it on to him.

Post by Phil Bradshaw » Club admin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:39 pm
GM (Opel) diesel engine.

Comes as 20D (2 litre), 21D (2.1 litre) and 23D (2.3 litre): check engine number to be sure - 21D example shown.

• What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Post by GoodShipCF2 » Subscribing Member » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:39 pm
Hi Folks ,
:brew: I will answer or try tom answer replies in lines for each -

Dave - Thanks Dave but I know very little about older Campers , what is a Bedouin ?

Parkern - Same again as per Dave above - what is a Luton ? Obviously I know what a Luton Van is , but in the context of Bedford CF2 Camper Conversion ?

Vauxhallfan - The Radiator ? I was told on purchase , the van is C - Reg 1985 and original engine was a flat GM2.3D . The original engine went pop , after hard work , milage. The owners had it reconditioned by an engine guy . No official paperwork , so most likely a CASH job . I was told that this bloke put in an early Frontera Engine , also a flat 2.3D ? I have no idea if this is correct or not ? Regards the Radiator .... I have no idea if this is an original CF2 Rad or has been changed when the engine work was done . All I know is , with a constant drive fan , it keeps the engine at optimum temperature fine , too much in cold weather , like early LandRovers ! I hope this helps .

Phil - there is an engine code but it's hard to read . Need to clean it up and let you know .

many thanks Kevin - B'ham :thumb:
The GLASS - Pessimist it's half empty... Optimist it's half full ... Engineer it's twice the size it needs to be ...

Post by Packern Contact Packern » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:20 pm
GoodShipCF2 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Packern - Same again as per Dave above - what is a Luton ? Obviously I know what a Luton Van is , but in the context of Bedford CF2 Camper Conversion ?
Sorry what I was trying to say, "I seem to be having a lot of trouble with that just lately". It may have been a Luton Van used commercially, then converted to a motorhome/camper van. Not unusual even today.
From what you say about the aluminium floor not normally used on coach built and looking at the picture of the back with the UPS style step bumper it may have been so.
Looks similar to the blue one here viewtopic.php?f=158&t=624
But I am sure someone will know better...............
Nigel Packer

Post by VDUB384 » Club admin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:02 pm
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Return to “What's my body?”