Talet

Recently I did passed the MOT and I was crazy enough to ask the mechanic check the oil level,the result were, an overfilled box what start leaking beadly,I think may I missing something,so I made a picture,may somebody able to say,if it is the problem ,Thx

Postby Talet » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Talet

Hi, I could not upload the photo,size is big, its a hole on the right side just up to the , oil cooler ,look to me like screw or pin missing, could not get any original pictures about it,Thx

Last edited by admin on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add photos as image links.

Postby Talet » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Phil Bradshaw
Club admin

When a GM 3-sped automatic transmission is over-filled excess fluid will be ejected from the filler/level tube and the vent in the transmission main casing. Fluid can spread a long way before it drips from the transmission.

Hole on the right hand side of the transmission is just a recess (alternate position of the shift selector lever for other models).

Drain the oil pan when the transmission is cold; collect fluid in a clean container if it is to be re-used. Hexagon head drain plug is near a corner of the oil pan. Remove dipstick to allow free air ingress when draining the oil pan.

Refill oil pan with measured 2.5 litre of fluid via the dipstick tube. Make sure that no dust or dirt contaminates the fluid. If the saved fluid is brown or cloudy then replace with fresh Dexron 11 fluid.

Drive the van for several miles to warm up the transmission then check the level and top up as necessary.

Check the fluid level whilst the vehicle is on a level surface with the engine idling and the selector lever in the 'P' position. Also apply the parking brake firmly.

The combined fluid filler cap and dipstick is located on the right hand side of the engine. It is accessible from under the bonnet on gasoline models and by removing the engine cover within the driving compartment on diesel models.

Wipe clean the area in the vicinity of the filler orifice before removing the dipstick.

Withdraw the dipstick, wipe it clean (use clean paper or non-fluffy cloth), replace the dipstick then withdraw it again. The level should be between the 'ADD OIL' and 'FULL' marks on the dipstick.

As a guide to the amount of fluid required, if the dipstick shows the level at the 'ADD OIL' mark then 0.568 litre (1 pint) of fluid will be required to bring the level to the 'FULL' mark.

Check for fluid leaks after ejected fluid has been cleaned from the transmission and underbody (pressure washer or steam cleaner) or wait a few days for ejected fluid to drip from the van.
    What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Postby Phil Bradshaw » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 am

Talet

Thank You very much,very greatful

Postby Talet » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:47 pm