Where to start if your CF is misbehaving and you're not sure where the problem may be.
shelly sun spirit

Hi everyone, I have bought a CF250 camper and i'm struggling to get parts to sort the engine out!! Its a 1979 and I need some info on where to get just the basic things like leads, points and plugs. I also need to source a new exhaust for her. Can't seem to get running right, she starts but wont actually go anywhere lol. Please could someone suggest anywhere round Norfolk that maybe able to help me? Thanks in advance.

Shelly

Postby shelly sun spirit » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 pm

VDUB384
Club admin

Hi and welcome to the club good luck with your camper.
Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Postby VDUB384 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Phil Bradshaw
Club admin

For help in fixing what ails your CF you'll have to let us know what the symptoms are and also what's been done already. :)

If the distributor is Delco D300 with contact breaker points (black cap) -

Contact set: Intermotor 22840

Condenser: Intermotor 33760

Rotor: Intermotor 47800

Distributor cap: Intermotor 44830

Ignition leads set: Intermotor APP2008 ('universal set')

Intermotor numbers usually cross reference to other makes.

For alternative sources look for Vauxhall Victor 1968-1976, Firenza and Magnum which all have the Vauxhall OHC engine with Delco D300 (contact breaker) distributor. Some Triumph models also use the D300 series distributor.

Spark plugs: Bosch HR6BC or NGK BPR6FS.

All in stock in the club Parts Department (leads sets made to order from Hypalon cable like original leads) - go bang on the Front counter if you can't find stuff locally.

Exhaust may be difficult to find but try Adrian Bailey Classics - contact details in Sources - general list - or contemplate having a stainless system made by Powerflow (Norwich or Boston).
    What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Postby Phil Bradshaw » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 pm

shelly sun spirit

Thank you for the information Phil. Least it gives us a start. :D

Postby shelly sun spirit » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:41 pm

alfs

HI I am no expert and always rely on phil to put me right. However if the camper was standing unused for some time before you aquired it it may be the petrol has started to go off. have you tried a fresh petrol source ?

Postby alfs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:00 pm

shelly sun spirit

Hi There folks,
she is now running :D but we need to source an exhaust for her, any ideas in the Wisbech, Cambridgeshire area? Needs to be close so can take her there. Thanks in advance, shelly.

Postby shelly sun spirit » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:04 pm

VDUB384
Club admin

I'm sure there will be a company near you that make exhaust to fit any vehicle usually in stainless steel just google it and see what comes up.try this company for an online quote
http://www.profusioncustoms.com/custom- ... idgeshire/

Dave
Whilst good maintainece is the best prevention"If its not broken don't fix it."

Postby VDUB384 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:06 am