Where to find help when you want to change major units on your CF - engine, transmission, brakes etc. - or upgrade earlier models to later specifications.
Skippy

Not knowing too much about cfs. And I know it may sound daft but, Has anyone transplanted a Cf1 front onto a cf2? I prefer the look of the 1 better. I suppose the panels would be pretty costly though.
I've got my eye on a CF 2 pioneer .

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:58 pm

johnnyonions

Have got a CF1 and its more curvy whereas the CF2 is more angular ,a bit like square peg into a round hole , seems a lot of work rather than buying a CF1 in the 1st place to save all the work , but I'm sure someones tried it :shock:

John

Postby johnnyonions » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Phil Bradshaw
Club admin

I think one member (wnderer?) has come across a Facelift front grafted onto a CF1. Going the other way theoretically could be possible.

Big job to do it right though: involves swapping front axle mounting brackets, chassis longitudinal members and pretty much all the front end panels including the dash panel sections between the A posts (door hinge posts). Radiator, air cleaner and a pile of other stuff in the under-bonnet area also will need altering.
    What is real is not the external form but the idea, the essence of things. Constantin Brâncuși

Postby Phil Bradshaw » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:00 am

Robin from France

Hi,

we have one early eighties cf in the French club which is a sort of hybrid. The owner ordered it new as soon as the facelift model came out, and was very disappointed to have a round front cf delivered. So he went out and bought some square rear lights and plastic bumpers, a grill, etc, and remoulded the rounded corners of the body with foam and filler to make it look like a square front. The result is quite convincing, until you get a tape measure out:

Robin

Postby Robin from France » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:50 pm